As a Gameplay Programmer at Alpha Channel Inc., you will be responsible for creating new mechanics and systems and bringing them to a high level of polish. You’ll be expected to prototype, conceive of, implement and iterate on new game features, and you’ll work closely with a cross-discipline team to pull it all together
- Work with a cross-discipline team to develop varied game features
- Test your features, and seek out feedback from your peers to test, iterate and improve
- Debug and optimize your code (low and high level) to ensure optimal performance and quality
- Work closely with other programmers to ensure your mechanics and systems work well with other mechanics and systems to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts
- Contribute to the overall design and development of our games. Spend the time to play regularly, give feedback and passionately contribute to creating an impactful high quality experience
- You have previous experience in gameplay programming with at least one game shipped
- You are comfortable and experienced in C++ game development
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision
- Passionate about video games and the game development industry
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Experience developing for modern consoles
- Experience with Steam and Epic Games Store development
- Experience developing multiplayer games
- JIRA Experience
Don't meet all the requirements?
We care more about outcomes than ticking boxes, and we know the perfect person for the role often has a CV that's a little different.
Research shows that women are particularly less likely to apply if they don't meet all the criteria in a job listing. If you're second guessing yourself, we encourage you to get in touch anyway.
Don't quit before you've started!
How can we support you?
We want to set you up for success and make our recruitment process as accessible as possible for you.
In your application, feel free to let us know if you need anything to make your experience or environment more comfortable. We'll do our best to support you!
- Gameplay Programmer
- Toronto Studio
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
About Alpha Channel Inc.
We create beautifully realized worlds, rich with history and imagination governed by player emergent driven design.
We strive to create experiences that will not only entertain and challenge players but resonate emotionally creating a timeless experience.
Founded in 2018, Alpha Channel is composed of veteran AAA developers looking to do things a bit differently.
Loading application form