As a Senior Technical Artist at Alpha Channel Inc., you’ll help bridge content and features to empower a small team to create incredible experiences. You’ll have the opportunity to contribute to a wide variety of features and content development; custom shaders, PBR pipeline, camera systems, post processing and procedural generation
- Help us achieve AAA quality visuals with a small team by leveraging procedural techniques, lighting, shaders and other techniques
- Work closely with artists, programmers and designers, and help act as the bridge between those teams
- Develop tools and pipelines to speed up our workflow
- Create innovative technical solutions to content generation problems
- Contribute to the overall design and development of our games. Spend the time to play regularly, give feedback and passionately contribute to creating an impactful high-quality experience
- Help mentor and train other technical artists
- You have previous experience as a Technical Artist with at least one game shipped
- Strong artistic and technical skills
- Skilled in scripting languages and node-based scripting (e.g. UE4 Blueprints)
- Experience with PBR rendering pipelines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision
- Passionate about video games and the game development industry
Nice to Have:
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Experience with creating and editing particle systems
- Experience with rigging and procedural animation
- Experience with optimization
- Experience developing for modern consoles
- JIRA Experience
Don't meet all the requirements?
We care more about outcomes than ticking boxes, and we know the perfect person for the role often has a CV that's a little different.
Research shows that women are particularly less likely to apply if they don't meet all the criteria in a job listing. If you're second guessing yourself, we encourage you to get in touch anyway.
Don't quit before you've started!
How can we support you?
We want to set you up for success and make our recruitment process as accessible as possible for you.
In your application, feel free to let us know if you need anything to make your experience or environment more comfortable. We'll do our best to support you!