As a Senior Engine Programmer at Alpha Channel Inc., you will be responsible for maintaining and developing engine features across a variety of different platforms
- Work with a cross-discipline team to ensure the game engine is performing as required
- Integration of code changes between different branches using Perforce and Git
- Analyze and continuously strive to improve and optimize engine and game code to allow for open world streaming
- Open world streaming optimizations in UE5
- Be aware of the latest engine changes happening across variety of branches and ensure the game team is following best practices regarding those features
- Support our game code across a variety of different platforms ensuring compilation, performance and memory is within budget
- Mentor junior members of the team
- You have previous experience working on game engines, whether it be public or private engines
- Extensive experience with C++
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision
- Passionate about high performing code
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Experience Developing for modern PC’s and consoles
- Experience profiling performance and memory
- Optimizing game code and mentoring programmers to ensure they are aware of common pitfalls
- JIRA Experience
Don't meet all the requirements?
We care more about outcomes than ticking boxes, and we know the perfect person for the role often has a CV that's a little different.
Research shows that women are particularly less likely to apply if they don't meet all the criteria in a job listing. If you're second-guessing yourself, we encourage you to get in touch anyway.
Don't quit before you've started!
How can we support you?
We want to set you up for success and make our recruitment process as accessible as possible for you.
In your application, feel free to let us know if you need anything to make your experience or environment more comfortable. We'll do our best to support you!
We are incredibly grateful to be recognized as a GI.biz Best Place to Work, 2023. To have achieved this so early on in our journey is a testament to the team and our collective contributions to our culture.
As a small studio, we set out to do game dev differently and so to win this award gives us such a sense of pride.
We are excited for the future of the studio and to continue sharing our creative projects.