As a Graphics Programmer at Alpha Channel Inc., you will be responsible for maintaining and developing graphics features across a variety of different platforms and ensuring the artists have the adequate tools to reach their art direction goals
- Work with technical art team to develop shaders and features to be used by the art team
- Ensure the graphics code is optimized to run within performance targets across a variety of PC’s and consoles
- Develop features missing in the engine and port them to a variety of consoles
- Integration of code changes between different branches using Perforce and Git
- Create tools for artists to use to optimize their workflows inside the game engine
- Rendering code optimizations in UE5
- Be aware of the latest graphics changes happening across variety of branches
- You have previous experience working on game engines, whether it be public or private engines
- Extensive experience with C++
- Extensive experience with HLSL
- Experience using DX11 and DX12 along with any of the console API’s
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to work autonomously with little supervision
- Passionate about high performing rendering code
Nice to have
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine 4 or 5
- Experience Developing for modern PC’s and consoles
- Experience profiling performance and memory
- Optimizing shaders and mentoring artists to make sure they are aware of how shaders are to be used
- JIRA Experience
Don't meet all the requirements?
We care more about outcomes than ticking boxes, and we know the perfect person for the role often has a CV that's a little different.
Research shows that women are particularly less likely to apply if they don't meet all the criteria in a job listing. If you're second guessing yourself, we encourage you to get in touch anyway.
Don't quit before you've started!
How can we support you?
We want to set you up for success and make our recruitment process as accessible as possible for you.
In your application, feel free to let us know if you need anything to make your experience or environment more comfortable. We'll do our best to support you!
- Graphics Programmer
- Toronto Studio
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
About Alpha Channel Inc.
We create beautifully realized worlds, rich with history and imagination governed by player emergent driven design.
We strive to create experiences that will not only entertain and challenge players but resonate emotionally creating a timeless experience.
Founded in 2018, Alpha Channel is composed of veteran AAA developers looking to do things a bit differently.
Loading application form